The route consists of a walk of about 1500 metres whisch from Landgoed ISVW through six information boards leads toNationaal Monument Kamp Amersfoort, where during the second world war the Polizeiliches Durchgangslager Amersfoort was located. On all information boards you will find a QR-code that provides you with images about that place and international texts. We wish you an informative walk, be carefull with traffic.
The endpoint is Nationaal Monument Kamp Amersfoort, a good reason to visit this right a way. Look for the hours of operation on website.
1. At the exit of the ISVW cross the Dodeweg, turn left and walk left on the bike path. There you will find on the right the first information sign ‘De Internationale School Voor Wijsbegeerte in de Tweede Wereldoorlog’.
2. You continue the walk and after aprox. 500 meters you arrive at the intrance of Rusthof, where you will find the information sign ‘Russisch Ereveld . Before you continue your walk through the cicle path you can cross and visit Ereveld.
3. The next part of the walk leads you through the bike path on the A28 and after about 250 metres you will find the information board ‘Kamp Amsvorde’.
4. Then you walk through the bicycle / pedestrian tunnel and find the information board ‘De Ladder' of Armando after about 150 metres immediately after the tunnel exit.
5. You continue the walking path pass the exit of the highway and then cross Laan 1914 over. (careful!) Here you will find immediately the information board ’t Huys te Kalkwegh’.
6. For the next aprox. 200 metres of the walk you will stay on the left side of the road. Just before you reach the Loes van Overeemlaan, you will find the last information sign ‘Slagboom naar het Polizeilisches Durchgangslager Amersfoort (PDA)’.7.From here you walk in tot the Loes van Overeemlaan and after aprox. 350 metres u arrive at the meeting centre, Nationaal Monument Kamp Amersfoort.
Made possible by Rabobank